TugMidiSeq VST3 ( 2RuleMidiSeq ) (MacOs Security issue info (3)
Some Mac users mention that due to Catalina(also Big Sure and Monterey) security issue, Ableton and similar DAWs do not recognize tugMidiSeq. There are 2 solutions for this:
- This solution is only valid for Ableton users, if Ableton users do not trust me as a developer, they can download the max4live version from https://tugrulakyuz.gumroad.com/l/xfzgta, it is 100% safe for the user as the patch runs on max4live framework.
- Other DAW users (including Ableton) can bypass security steps if they trust me as a developer.
a)Before copying tugMidiSeq to vst3 folder, open Ableton and do "Plugin Rescan."
b) after Rescan is finished, copy tugMidiSeq to the corresponding vst3 folder.
c) Open the terminal(MAC) window and go to the vst3 folder and type "sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine tugMidiSeq.vst3" and enter. (it can ask your password of your macos screen)
d) Do again Rescan on Ableton.
I did all steps in order and it worked, I hope it works for you too.
If you encounter a problem, you can send an e-mail to email@example.com.
The video I used
* Selecting "Sorted" crashes fixed (the problem appears mostly on windows operating system, but it is also useful to update it for MacOs).
* Selecting "InVel" crashes fixed (the problem appears mostly on windows operting system, but it is also useful to update it for MacOs).
* Note colors are calmed down.
2RuleMidiSeq ( TugMidiSeq ) is a polyphonic arp and seq creator.
The notes of the pressed chords are automatically lined up from the lowest pitch to the highest pitch, creating musical polyphonic pattens according to the beat moments in the seq window.
A circular note flow display for fun.
- Variable speeds for each chord note.
- Variable beats for each chord note.
- Variable velocity for each chord note.
- Variable duration of note.
- Octaves for each chord notes.
- Midiin for chords (your own fingers) :-).
- Seq Matrix.
- InBuilt SineWave synth for check pattern.
-In addition to the already existing adjustable velocity knobs, the option of using the velocity of the midi-in "FixVel./InVel." button has been added.
-In addition to the automatic ordering of the notes according to the "from low to high pitch", the option of "setting automatically incoming MIDI note to the lowest empty line" is added (NoteOrdered/NoteFirstIn button). In this case, when pressed up a note, the corresponding line becomes empty (the sorting algorithm is not called).